Wednesday, April 26, 2006

customer service

there is so many types of customer out there. friendly, fussy, funny & weird! check out this conversation between two customer service executives (CSE I & II) with a lady customer (Ms ABC) on one fine day, late in the evening.

CSE I : Good evening, Customer Service Dept.
Ms ABC : hello. This is Ms ABC calling from XXX Company and i just fax in a toner order form. Did you receive it?
CSE I : Let me check for you Ms ABC. One moment please.

(after checking the fax machine for the order form)

CSE I : Yes, Ms ABC, we have receive your order form.
Ms ABC : Okay. Then, can I speak to Ms Catherine?
CSE I : I'm sorry Ms ABC but we do not have CSE name Catherine here.
Ms ABC : You sure or not? I just spoke to her few minutes ago.
CSE I : Well, we have two executives from the toner department but neither of them is
Catherine.
Ms ABC : Cannot be. Cannot be. I am sure i spoke to her just now.
CSE I : In this case, let me check for you. Hold on, please.

CSE I referred this case to CSE II.

CSE I : Ms ABC, I'll now pass this line to our CSE II. Maybe she can help you.
Ms ABC : Okay.
CSE II : Good evening Ms ABC, this is YYY speaking here. How can I help you?
Ms ABC : I want to speak to Catherine.
CSE II : I'm sorry Ms ABC, but we don't have any staff name Catherine here. Is there
anything I can help you? Is it regarding toner order?
Ms ABC : Aiyah. I only want to talk to Catherine. She's the one who fax me the toner order
quotation just now.
CSE II : Hmm... I have your order form now and I can see that it was prepared by CSE ZZZ.
Ms ABC : You sure or not? I am sure there is a Catherine at your office. She said that she's from
Sales Dept.
CSE II : Yes Ms ABC. I am sure we don't have a CSE name Catherine here. By the way, we
have a CSE name Catherine from our Kuching branch.
Ms ABC : No. No. No. This Catherine I spoke to just now is from your Shah Alam office here.
CSE II : Perhaps I can help you to check your order Ms ABC.
Ms ABC : No need-lah. I only want to speak to Catherine only. But since you said there's no one
name Catherine then never mind-lah(she then slam down the phone)
CSE I & II : ?????

The very next day, Ms ABC refax the same toner order form but with this notes:

" I am cancelling this order after spoken to CSE II that there is no one name Catherine who can handle my order "

1 comment:

Shanny Khoo said...

I understand your situation... Sometimes ppl try to be funny or weird or fussy (which ever way you want to put it). In the end of the day they still don't know what they want after taking us round and round the merry go round!?!?