Friday, July 21, 2006

cooking

for the very first time in my life that i actually cook rice as in "masak nasi"... and this include a very very simple dinner.... mind you but b4 i got married, i actually hv the privillege to have my mum cook each meal for our family(and i still get to taste her cooking at least once a week)

how come i cook dinner that day??? actually my MIL was not feeling well last few days, i helped out to prepare dinner on Tuesday nite...

the menu was:

fried egg with big onion
steam vegetables with oyster sauce
steam tauhu with fried onion
canned "fish"

ya... it was a not so balance meal... and the rice was a bit dry... but yet, all the food was cleared up... MIL said a simple meal is enough and no need to cook those very skillful dish yet e.g. stir-fry vege, chicken steam with mushrooms etc....

which means, when we move to the new house, i'll get to learn how to cook from my MIL... she is actually looking forward to teach me her super delicious "chilli chicken" recipe.....

and i myself are looking forward to learn some cooking skills from MIL since i know that my hubby would want me to hv some "wifey" skill to cook for him.....

the day will come when i will conquer the kitchen.... hehehe...

1 comment:

Shanny Khoo said...

YES! one day you will conquer the kitchen!:) I wish my MIL was alive now to teach me a few vietmanese dishes which my hubby loves so much... but still, cooking is a special experience which requires lots of heart put into it rather than skill...