Sunday, January 21, 2007

donations for johor flood victims...
most of us have heard so much about the recent flood at johor... on thursday morning, 18/01/07 while listening to MIX.FM, I came across this message that they are organising a massive appeal for the Johor flood relief..... the items need to be sent to the collection centre by this weekend..... and then all the items will be delivered to Kluang on monday 22/01/07....

at first, i thought i could only collect a small amount of cash donations from my family & a few close friends to buy some items for the flood victim.... but with the help of my colleague joanne B and many others, we managed to raise about RM 640.00++ in just two days time.......!
so, last few days was a busy time for me......firstly, to collect donations, then buy the items (thanks joanne B, ivan & steven for helping to accompany me to GIANT to get all those items)....... & lastly delivered it to the collection centre near Atria (thanks hubby for being my driver!)
the 48 contributors are mainly our EI-CSD ladies, a number of TS-EI guys, my family members etc..... without their contributions, we would not be able to buy quite a number of things for the Johor flood victims..... a big THANK YOU to all of you who have contributed!





2 comments:

~lely~ said...

hi! glad some1 did something to help those folks in Johor. Still open for more?

~ mrs lam ~ said...

lely... tat's the least that we can help the Johor folks... will let u know if we planning another donation drive ya.... by the way, wanna join me if my fren & i plan a trip to the orphanage/ old folks...